Best AI-Related Books Listed from Black Lives Mattering in Tech to Control by Monopolies
Venturebeat AI writer and columnist Khari Johnson listed her top suggestions for the books of 2020–and some would likely not make it to the suggested lists of the FAANGs companies–Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Google (now Alphabet.)
In fact, if they got them as holiday presents, some of the executives at those companies might actually squirm at knowing just how badly they have failed to uphold ethics, fairness and equality at their companies.
Here’s the list:
- Black Futures
- Monopolies Suck: 7 Ways Big Corporations Rule Your Life and How to Take Back Control
- Competing in the Age of AI: Strategy and Leadership When Algorithms and Networks Run the World
- Turning Point: Policymaking in the Era of Artificial Intelligence
- Data Feminism
- Distributed Blackness: African American Cybercultures
- Too Smart: How Digital Capitalism is Extracting Data, Controlling Our Lives, and Taking Over the World
- Girl Decoded: A Scientist’s Quest to Reclaim Our Humanity by Bringing Emotional Intelligence to Technology
- Artificial Whiteness: Politics and Ideology in Artificial Intelligence
The thought-provoking article gives an overview of each book and their importance in context with just how badly AI firms are failing to adhere to standards of equality in the workplace, what they can do to change that and how to avoid being exploited by them.
read more at venturebeat.com